Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brooklyn Label Visited 3/27/10 2.5 Forks

Brooklyn Label 180 Franklin St
(between Green St & Huron St)

I always want to love Brooklyn Label, but every time I go there is something off. I do like the decor and location of the restaurant, but it's usually filled with overly tattooed hipsters. The menu has some great sounding food and definitely dishes that are a bit different and unusual. I had my usual green eggs and ham ($12), which is eggs with spinach, pesto and bacon on challah bread. I feel like when I first had it the dish was really good, but as time goes by it's gotten a bit worse. It was fine this time, but I feel like they could use something extra with the dish like a side salad or potatoes. Dan got the sweet potato hash ($14.50) which was basically cut up sweet potato, some buttery sauce, spicy sausage, eggs sunny side up and sweet wheat toast. I will say that they serve a good cup of coffee (I believe it's Stumptown brand). Everything is good but I think slightly overpriced. Our total bill was $44, which seems a bit excessive for just 2 entrees, a side of bacon and 1 cup of coffee. I feel bad nixing this from my list but I am tired of being disappointed.

No comments: