Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Caffe de Luca Visited 5/21/10 3 Forks

Caffe de Luca 1721 N Damen Ave
(between Wabansia Ave & St Paul Ave), Chicago, IL


I was in Chicago for a friend's wedding and stayed with a good friend of mine who lives in Bucktown. What I love about the Bucktown area is that there are tons of fun bars and restaurants. My flight was delayed, so by the time I landed in Chicago I was starving for lunch. Deanna gave us tons of options to choose from but really by that point, Dan and I just wanted something that was decent but close by. So we chose to eat at Caffe de Luca since it was the closest restaurant from where we were.

The place is a cute cafe like place with outdoor seating, but I wasn't sure that they would have robust food. But when we looked at the menu they had a good selection of unique sandwiches and breakfast food dishes. I had the breakfast burrito ($11), which came with a side of roasted potatoes. The good thing about this burrito was that it was just the right size. Normally when you get a burrito of any kind (breakfast or mexican), they are enormous! This was small but probably the right size. The potatoes were seasoned really well and were pretty crispy. Dan got a Mandoria sandwich ($11) which it grilled chicken with brie and fresh side of veggies on the side. Deanna got an omelet, which also looked fresh and well prepared.

The food hit the spot and was good and I can see how people like to just chill out there with the paper, coffee and some light food.

The total bill was around $44 for 3 of us with tip and tax.

No comments: