Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jane's Visited 5/23/10 4 Forks

Jane's 1655 W Cortland Street
(between Marshfield Ave & Paulina St), Chicago, IL


Jane is in a really nice and quiet part of town. When we first walked by it, I thought it was cute but when we got seated in the "room next door", I was blown away by the beautiful decor. The immediate room has wood and vintage decor but the room next door is all white with gorgeous lighting. It would be a great place for wedding showers or any girly get together. The menu is pretty robust and was very veggie friendly for my friends. I, of course, got the 3-eggs benedict with roasted potatos ($12), Dan got the breakfast burrito ($12), Deanna got the banana nut french toast ($10) and erin got the tofu scramble ($7). I should note that the breakfast cocktail list sounded great, but after the wedding from the night before, I wasn't in the mood for an alcoholic drink. Deanna got a bloody mary ($8)which apparently was good and did not come with meat in it. I never knew that bloody mary's did have meat in it but apparently they do!

For some reason, when I ordered my dish, I didnt' think about the 3-egg part, but when it came out, lo and behold, there were 3 actual benedicts! I've never been to a place that had more than 2 pieces, some places I've even been to have even had just 1 benedict (Walter Foods, I'm looking at you). The eggs were perfect and runny and the potatos were great. There wasn't too much holandaise sauce which is great for my waist line. When I think about it, I really loved my dish...and so did everyone else. There were no complaints from anyone. Deanna's french toast looked particularly good and she said it tasted exactly like banana nut bread. The service was also very accomodating and nice. We had a baby with us, which I know can cause some service people to be cranky but our waitress was gracious and nice about it.

No comments: