Sunday, May 16, 2010

Relish Visited 5/15/10 3.5 Forks

Relish 225 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY

I must have walked past Relish a million times and not even realized what is was. It's this cute diner looking place on Wythe that's near all the new developments in Williamsburg.

Dan and I were craving burgers and really didn't want to go to Dumont, so we figured this could be a good substitute. The good thing is that they had a cute back outdoor patio, which was great for Saturday night. The one annoying thing is that Wythe is a pretty busy street and our meal was interrupted with lots of loud truck noises. The outdoor tables are a bit smaller that can be somewhat uncomfortable but I actually didn't mind too much. I got the burger ($12) with cheese and Brooklyn Ice Tea ($8) and Dan got the Haymaker ($13) which is basically a heart attack in between 2 pieces of bread...it had french fries, a fried egg, ham, cheese, bacon, pork, and garlic mayo. The Brooklyn Ice Tea was supposed to have vodka in it but it tasted just like plain iced tea which was a bit disappointing. But the burger was quite good; it came on a nice soft bun, onions, tomato, and this weird shredded lettuce (weird only b/c it was dark green and didn't look like any lettuce I've seen). But the best part of the meal was the french fries...they were AMAZING. Perfectly crispy and thick, I had to restrain myself from eating all of them. I only had a bite of Dan's sandwich and from what I can gather from that one bite, it had a LOT of flavors going on.

All in all I really enjoyed my meal. I was a bit nervous b/c it's in a very trendy part of Williamsburg and it didn't get consistent good reviews on Yelp, but the day I went, it was quite good. Total bill was around $52.

No comments: