Thursday, February 17, 2011

In-N-Out Burger Visited 2/15/2011 3.75 Forks

In-N-Out Burger Glendale Galleria, 119 S Brand Blvd., Glendale, CA 91209

When I told people that I was going to California, one of the first things that people told me was "OMG, you have to go to In-N-Out!".  I actually have been trying to go for the past few years every time I've been in California, but somehow I never end up going.  So this time, I made it a point to get my fat ass over to an In-N-Out burger even if I have to go on the way to the airport. 


Vivi and I ended up going to one that was supposedly in the Galleria Mall.  We saw all these signs for it in the mall directory but yet somehow we ended up in the mall parking lot with no In-N-Out to be seen. Finally we find it...inside the bottom level of the parking garage (but there is an actual street entrance that we completely missed).  When I looked at the menu there wasn't much on the menu.  It's basically a single burger or double burger and fries.  I was told to get the double burger but after looking at it, I just really couldn't go there. So I went with the single patty cheeseburger ($2.15) and fries.  I was also told to go Animal style but I didn't see it on the menu and only now do I know that it's on the "secret menu".  Now I know and knowing is half the battle...next time.  Unfortunately, I had just had the breakfast sandwich from Village Bakery about 2 hours before and I wasn't really hungry at all.  So I ended up taking my food to go and had plans to eat it at the airport.  I knew that the food would probably taste better warm but I just wasn't hungry.  I wasn't going to miss out on it again so I just decided to wait to eat it until I was on the plane.


I did end up eating the fries on the car ride home and honestly it wasn't that amazing.  Even though it was definitely salty, there was something amiss about it.  I prefer McDonald's fries to these.  So far I was a bit underwhelmed.  By the time I got to the airport my burger was definitely cold, which was kind of a bummer.  It was funny that while I was waiting in line to board I could see people staring at my In-N-Out bag and boring holes through it.  About 20 minutes into the flight I finally gave in.  I will say that the burger was really good...it reminded me a bit of a Shake Shack burger.  The patty was soft and the meat had flavor and wasn't flimsy.  What made it taste good was the spread and fresh toppings.  It was definitely way better than McDonald's and Burger King and any other fast food place I've been to.  But my mind wasn't blown away at the same time either.  If there was an In-N-Out in NYC, it would definitely be my go to fast food place, but I don't know if I am necessarily craving it like everyone said I would.  Another thing that was annoying about it was that they didn't take AXP...what kind of large establishment like this doesn't take AXP?!

No comments: