Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fanny Visited 10/8/2011 2.5 Forks

Fanny 425 Graham Ave., (between Withers St & Frost St), Brooklyn, NY 11211

Fanny is literally a 3 minute walk from my house so I really do wish I could give it a better review than this.  I've actually been there a few times before but stopped going and couldn't really remember why.  Now I remember.

To be fair, the place isn't terrible. It's just ok.  There's nothing interesting, mind blowing or alluring about it.  The menu is fairly limited and has your basic hanger steak, mussels, and burger type food.  Nothing was really screaming pick me!  So I ended up getting your basic burger with cheddar cheese ($10) and Dan got one with blue cheese.  As with the rest of my opinion with the place, the burgers were eh.  There wasn't anything really wrong with them but didn't taste like anything I probably couldn't make at home.  I wasn't a huge fan of the bread, as it was just a standard white bun and it was a bit dry.  The fries were like McDonald's fries, but I do say that with no malice since I love McDonald's fries.  They were skinny and salty fries, nothing special but at least tasted good. 

Overall, I was pretty underwhelmed and now I remember why I don't go there frequently.  Plus it's cash only. Thumbs down on that.  Total bill: $48 total includes drinks, tip and tax 

Photo Credit: Yelp

No comments: