Saturday, October 20, 2012

Harry's Italian Pizza Bar Visited 10/18/2012 2.5 Forks

Harry's Italian Pizza Bar 225 Murray St., New York, NY 10282

While I wasn't a huge fan of the food at Harry's a do appreciate the fact that it's a new place near work and is a much welcomed addition to what was a desolate area.  I like it for happy hour since they have an actual bar area with seating (unlike Blue Smoke where the bar area is super skinny and tight). But food-wise, I wasn't a huge fan.

I met up with Amy and Anuja after work for a quick bite since they were headed to the movies right next door.  The food here is Italian (obviously from the name!) but it's definitely more your generic, tastes almost from a box and jar type Italian.  It's pretty similar to what you would get at a Cheesecake Factory.  Or food that I could make at home.  I've actually had their pizzas before and they were fine but I was kind of in the mood for pasta so I decided to get the Penne Vodka ($16) since it's not a type of pasta I get a lot or make at home.

I do think $16 is waaay too expensive for the food here.  Since it's literally across from Goldman Sachs, they probably think that they can get away with charging more for their food (reminder - there are other companies near you!).  When the pasta came out, it looked exactly how I expected.  It was the size of a baseball field and there wasn't anything super special to it.  They didn't offer to put any cheese on it - even though I probably could have done without the extra calories.  The pasta itself was a bit undercooked but overall it was totally an ok dish.  Nothing great, but not awful either.  Just really overpriced for what it was.  It was probably worth $8-10 at best.   I wish I had saved half of it so that I could have made it into two meals, but of course I always end up stuffing myself and I finished the whole thing and felt a bit awful later.

I do want to give a shout out for their drinks.  I got the Moscow Mule ($12) and it was pretty tasty.  I would much prefer to come here to drink instead of eating.  If you do want to have some snack-y food, I would recommend getting a pizza and splitting it with your friends instead.  Total bill: $75 total for 3 people with tax.

Photo Credit: Yelp

No comments: