Monday, June 16, 2014

Crepes and Waffles Visited 5/31/2014 4 Forks

Crepes and Waffles Av. San Martin, Boca grande, KR 2 No. 8-250Cartagena 



Crepes and Waffles is a chain throughout South America and unlike their name, they actually offer lots of other options beyond just crepes and waffles (although they do have a large variety of yummy desserts).  I had secretly wanted to go to Crepes and Waffles while we were in Bogota but we never got a chance to go, so I was determined to check it out while we were in Cartagena.  

The location in Cartagena is actually quite beautiful and not what I expected for a dessert chain.  It had a lovely outdoor garden and then a trendy and modern upstairs.  The menu is huge and actually perfect for lunch because of its light and healthy options - lots of panninis and salads (or at least that's what I interpreted from the all Spanish menu).   I opted for the salmon salad that had black quinoa, kale salad and an avocado salad ($12).  It was quite delicious and so not a dish that I would expect from Colombia.  It had a California feel with all the healthiness going on on the dish.  It felt clean and simple and was exactly what I needed after my heavy dinner from the night before.  It's definitely something I would love to have again.   Since we were being so "healthy", Allison and I decided it would be ok to order multiple desserts.  So we got both a crepe AND a waffle.  



Luckily, they have mini waffles and we got the mini fruit waffle and the banana and chocolate crepe. The mini waffle was the perfect size for what I was looking for and I loved all the sweet and sour red fruits they have in Colombia.  The crepe was also tasty but it was a bit too chocholate-ly for me.  All in all, despite this place being a chain restaurant, I really enjoyed my meal and it was a nice reprieve from all the typical seafood and meat in South America.   Total bill:  $20/pp 

No comments: