Saturday, February 28, 2015

Randolph Brooklyn Visited 2/22/2015 3.5 Forks

Randolph Brooklyn 104 S 4th St., BrooklynNY 11249


Randolph is becoming a small empire in NYC with two locations in the LES and now one in Brooklyn.  I had been to Randolph Beer in the city a few years ago and loved the low key vibe and the fact that they also had great drinks and food there, so when the one in Williamsburg opened, I was eager to check it out.

In true Williamsburg fashion, it's more hipster and honestly leans a bit too much on a post-college/millennial scene.  The one in the city had a more homey and comforting feel and this one was louder and bigger.  But it's one of the rarely places in Williamsburg that has bottomless boozy brunch - which we actually ended up not doing but it's just always good to know that it's an option if you want it.  The menu had a bunch of different items but it's mostly on the southern comfort side.  I ended up getting the fried chicken sandwich, Jenn got the breakfast nachos ($13) and Kristin got the egg white and veggie scramble ($12).  As I mentioned, they have a fantastic drink menu but none of us were particularly in the mood for pitchers of bloody mary's or mimosas, so Kristin and I got the hot cider ($14) which was great on such a cold morning.  The fried chicken sandwich was a buttermilk boneless fried chicken breast with slaw and served with waffle fries.  I'm not going to lie but I really got this dish for the waffle fries because they are one my favorite things in the world and a definite weak spot for me.  The fries were delicious, crispy and incredibly addictive.  The sandwich itself was good but the batter was a bit too thick for me as I tasted more batter than chicken.  But it went well with the fries - I just would have preferred a slightly juicier and more seasoned piece of chicken.  I didn't try Jenn or Krisitin's dish but they both mentioned that they liked it.  The breakfast nachos came with cheddar and jack cheese, baked eggs, beans, and ranchero sauce on top of chips (luckily Jenn and I had just both come from Pure Barre so we didn't feel so guilty).

The bar/restaurant only opens at noon but by the time we left around 1:30ish it was getting full of late waking locals.  It's definitely a fun/young place and if you're looking for a restarant in Williamsburg that does boozy brunch (the whole table has to do it), it's a good place to check out.   I still prefer the one in the city more but it's hard to justify going out there when there's one so close to where I live where I can still get those waffle fries.   Total bill:  $50/pp with tax, tip and drinks

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: