Sunday, November 22, 2015

Posto Visited 11/15/2105 3.5 Forks

Posto 
310 2nd Ave, 
New YorkNY 10003


So the good news about Posto is that they have a KILLER happy hour deal that runs everyday (weekends included) from 3:30-6:30 where you get a free large pizza when you buy a bottle of wine or pitcher of beer.  It's a great deal especially on the weekend.  Krush, Amy, Tanya and I decided to stop by after hanging out all day at Jill's and we snuck in 10 minutes before 6:30, so we were so excited to take advantage of the happy hour deal. 

But then mysteriously no one came to take our order until 6:32pm to which the waitress then said "Sorry, happy hour is over".  We all found that incredibly shady and being the assertive B-school ladies that we were, we pushed back and said that we had been sitting here waiting for someone to take our order for over 10 minutes and we wanted to speak to a manager.  Our waitress finally relented and said she could put it in the system as 1 bottle of wine and comp us for the pizza. I've never been here before but Krush and Tanya were veterans of this place and said that we should probably get a smaller pizza in addition to the large cheese one we were getting.  So we got the small shroomtown pizza ($13) and the hummus to start ($8) along with a bottle of red and white wine.  

We got the hummus because Jill had mentioned that is was the best hummus she's had and it was pretty damn good.  It was very heavy on the tahini sauce and garlic and the toasted bruchetta bread it was served with was perfect for it.   As for the pizza, this place is famous for thin crust pizza but I wasn't ready for how thin is really was.  It was paper thin to the point where I wasn't even sure if there was a crust going on.  I like thin crust but this was a bit too thin for me -  this level of thinness easily lends to burned pizza which is what I felt like our pizza tasted like.  It was good but it had this element of burntness to it that I didn't really love and it was also some of the saltiness pizza I've had had in my life.  I was chugged pints of water when I got home.  That all being said,  it was a a hell of a deal.  For 2 bottles of wine, hummus, 1 large pizza and 1 small pizza with mushrooms on it the total with tax and tip per person was only $24.  For that alone, I'd have to recommend it as a great place to go as long as you get get in before 6:30 but on the basis of the food alone, I've definitely had better pizza elsewhere.  

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: