Sunday, August 14, 2016

Poseidon Visited 8/6/2016 3.5 Forks

Poseidon  1670 Coast Blvd., Del MarCA 92014



Although I have been to California many times before, I've actually never been to San Diego before so when a good friend of mine rented a house in the area for a few days in August, I had to check it out.  While I didn't spend a ton of time in San Diego proper, I did like the overall vibe that the city and surrounding area had to offer.  In true Cali style, it's very chill and with the fantastic year round weather, everyone seems really happy and relaxed with life.

The girls and I had a nice baby shower brunch for Vivi in the Del Mar area neighborhood of San Diego.  It is a really casual and relaxing town with tons of families  hanging out on the beach on a lazy Saturday morning, even on a slightly cloudy day.  Poseidon is right on the beach front so it's got fantastic views.  Definitely ask for a table outside if you are going to come here because otherwise the food isn't really amazing enough to balance it out.  The lunch menu is a mix of seafood, salads and sandwiches and they also had a brunch menu of the usual suspects of french toast, omelettes and benedicts.   Since I was in CA, I went with the traditional Baja tacos ($14) which consisted of panko crusted Alaskan cod, red cabbage, cheese, sour cream, avocado, salsa, and chipotle aioli on 2 corn tortillas.  Health wise I probably should have gotten the grilled Mahi Mahi fish tacos but hey, I was on vacation right?  The tacos were good but I have a high standard when it comes to fried fish tacos (ABC Cocina) and these weren't quite up there but they were still solid.  The fish was a bit too battered and therefore slightly dry but all the toppings did balance it out moisture wise.  Each bite was plentiful and filling (2 were more than enough) but after finishing them, I didn't really think it was worth the calories to have the fried version.  It probably didn't help that the tacos came with thick cut fries too. You're probably better off health wise having the grilled ones instead and you will have just as satisfying of a meal.  I saw a few tables get oyster and ceviche and maybe that's what I should have ordered instead.

Overall, it's a lovely place to come if you're looking to chill out by the beach with some drinks with friends.  If I lived in this cute neighborhood, I could see myself coming early in the morning for some beach time and then swinging by here for a relaxing lunch before going back home for a nap. Ahh, Cali life.  Total bill:  N/A as it was graciously covered by some friends

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: