Sunday, September 18, 2016

Santa Fe Day 5 Visited 9/5/2016 3 Forks

Luminaria    Inn and Spa at Loretto211 Old Santa Fe TrailSanta FeNM 87501


Our last morning in Santa Fe was a quick one as we had to get back to Albuquerque for our 11:45AM flight, so it only made sense to grab dinner in our hotel.  The setting is quite beautiful with a lovely patio that is a really relaxing place to have a meal.  

Unfortunately we were in a hurry and had to be a bit pushy with our waiter - who took it in real stride, so I give him big kudos for dealing with us being anxious and annoying.  I wasn't super hungry and wanted something quick, so Deanna and I just got the steel cut oatmeal with fruit and nuts ($11) and Aarti got the huevos rancheros ($15) - which was kind of a smart move because I should have gone out with a Mexican breakfast bang.  The oatmeal was totally fine - a bit boring as it is freaking oatmeal after all. Maybe adding some brown sugar would have spiced it up a bit but overall it was a fine quick hotel breakfast.   Given the long day I was about to have, I should have gone the breakfast burrito route and I really wish I had more time to really relax and take the time to enjoy my meal.   This is the kind of place where you should get a cup of coffee, a mimosa, a big hearty breakfast burrito and read the newspaper cover to cover.   As expected, it's a hotel restaurant, so it is a bit overpriced but compared to a lot of other hotel restaurants, the price wasn't all that bad.  If you can get a later flight, do it and don't rush through a nice relaxing meal before you take the gorgeous 1 hour drive back.  Total bill:  $70 for 3 people with tax and tip

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: