Sunday, April 1, 2018

Sarabeth's Tribeca Visited 2/27/2018 3.5 Forks

Sarabeth's Tribeca  339 Greenwich St., New York, NY 10013



Sarabeth's is your typical NYC American bistro place - it's a super safe bet if you're just looking for solid but not creative food.  I'm not saying this in a bad way because sometimes you just need a place where you can get a no muss, no fuss meal with friends and this is the perfect neighborhood place.  If you're looking for a foodie destination restaurant, this is definitely not it.  

I was there last month for a work dinner and it was a nice casual setting near the office.  The menu is a standard line up of salads, sandwiches, pasta, pizza and entrees like pork chops and salmon.  I was really eying the seafood cobb salad because it sounded amazing - lobster, jumbo crab meat, shrimp avocado, etc but in my mind a cobb salad is bit mis-leading as a healthy option and I was also starving, so I went on a total 180 degree change and got the steak sandwich ($20.50) mostly because it came with horseradish cream.  We got a few apps for the table like calamari ($14.50), guacamole with chips ($19) and grilled octopus ($16.50).  They were all totally fine dishes that satisfied my hunger but again, nothing was a wow dish.  My steak sandwich was a pretty tasty sandwich - it was a bit like an au jus but without the jus part.  It came with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and a side of fries.  The bread was nice and soft but held up well with the cheese and onions - I would have like a bit strong horseradish flavoring but overall I was happy with my dish.  Although after seeing other people with the seafood salad, I think I might have been happier with that dish.  It actually looked really good and for $30, it's totally something I should have ordered when it was on the corporate card and not on my own dime.  Oh well, lesson learned. 

Overall, this is a nice neighborhood joint if you're looking for something in between fancy and casual.  Apparently, they are more well known for their brunch menu which I could totally see.  There are 4 other locations and they are also in more family friendly parts of the city, so I can totally understand the vibe they are going for.  I would totally check it out for brunch and I would come again for dinner if I was in the neighborhood or after work.  It's a nice change of pace from all the crazy restaurants right by the World Financial Center but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to come back either. 

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: