Sunday, June 17, 2018

6 days in Punta de Mita - Part 2 Visited 5/11 - 5/17/2018 4 Forks

Sea Breeze  St Regis Resort Punta de Mita, NayaritMexico                                                    4 Forks



I am normally not a huge fan of eating breakfast at the hotel because it's almost always overpriced and not great food.  But I must say that my breakfast meals at Sea Breeze were lovely and while still expensive for the region, not bad considering the quality of it.  

I won't review every breakfast that I had here but I'll say that unless you are super hungry, there is no need to get the buffet as I think it's like $45.  I was super full with just a breakfast entree and side for half the price.  Since I was in Mexico it only felt right to get a Mexican breakfast dish, so I went with the old standby of huevos rancheros (290 pesos) and a side of pork sausage (75 pesos).  A word to the wise, share the side of pork sausage as you get 6 links and it was a lot for 1 person to finish.  The huevos rancheros were great and super filling.  

When you actually sit down to have a nice breakfast it totally makes a difference on the rest your day but it's hard to do it when you're not on vacation and have someone who will make it for you.  Again, I don't know what other breakfast food places there were in the area but this was a nice choice if you're in or around the resort.  Total bill:  $32 for 2 people with tax and tip

Photo Credit:  Starwoodhotels.com 

Blue Shrimp  Av El Anclote 10, Col. Punta de Mita, Punta de Mita, Nayarit, Mexico                4 Forks


Blue Shrimp is another beach side restaurant on the other side of the gates right next to Tuna Blanca.  It's a little bit more laid back but it was a pretty similar vibe.   As you would expect, the menu is all about shrimp here (duh) but they also have a few other dishes like tuna, octopus, burgers and steak.  But it seems silly to come to a place with shrimp in the name and not get shrimp, right? 

Holly and I started with the tuna sashimi and I got the shrimp fajitas while she got the coconut shrimp.  The tuna sashimi was plentiful but it looked like it was frozen and then thawed as it was not super red but more of a pale pink color.  Totally fine but it's not like your getting melt in your mouth tuna from a Japanese fish market.  As for the shrimp dishes, jesus it was like shrimp on steroids.  They were the biggest pieces of shrimp I've ever seen.  They were very plump and cooked to the right temperature and texture - a bit of crunch but not too overcooked where it's too tough to eat.  I was very impressed with the amount of shrimp they gave us and it tasted quite fresh, not frozen.  The fajitas were great and incredibly filling.  It left no room for dessert but our really sweet waiter slipped us a free small sliver of chocolate cake which definitely hit our sweet tooth spot.  That's how you do it right in trying to get a bigger tip - they didn't try to guilt you on leaving a bigger tip because I did it anyways given how nice they were here.  Total bill:  $51 with tax and tip

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: