Saturday, June 16, 2018

Flats Fix Taqueria Visited 5/11/2018 3 Forks

Flats Fix Taqueria  30 East 16th St., New York, NY 10003



I'll keep this review short and sweet since there's really not anything complicated about this place.  Allison and I were going to go to Blue Water Grill because she had these gift cards for Be Your Guest but sadly we were told they were no longer valid there.  Oh well, at least we were told before we sat down and ordered.  So we walked around Union Square to figure out where to go - we wanted something super casual (clearly the opposite of Blue Water Grill) and easy and Flats Fix fit that bill exactly.  It's a small super casual place right around the corner - we picked it mainly because it had outdoor seating but the table and chairs are a bit wobbly so I wouldn't say you will be super comfortable. 

This is not some authentic Mexican place where grandmothers are hand rolling the tortillas and the pork has been sitting and marinating all day.  It's almost closer to a Chiptole style meal except you're sitting down.  You can get 3 tacos for $13, so I got the shrimp, mushroom and chicken tacos.   They were all very passable and got the job done but they certainly were not on the level of the mind blowing tacos you will get in Mexico City - but I don't think that's what they set out to be anyways.  While the size of the tortilla is the same as most places since they don't pile on the meat and toppings, it feels a bit skimpier and not as satisfying.  The yellow rice and beans weren't that great but since the tacos are a bit on the smaller side, they help fill you up.  It's a decent enough place  (the shrimp taco was the stand out in my book) if you're Union Square and need an easy bite but having just been in Mexico City, it's hard for me to get my mind away from high standard tacos.  Total bill:  $31/pp with tax, tip and drinks

Photo Credit:  Yelp

1 comment:

Kavita Pheerangee said...



Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?
I got mine from Mike Fisher. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .

GET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
*They sell this cards to all customers and interested buyers worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $2000 to $5000 and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.*

*email: blankatm156@gmail.com
*you can also call or whatsapp us Contact us today for more enlightenment
+1(301) 329-5298