Sunday, January 27, 2019

Day Trip to Siena, Italy Visited 9/3/2018 4 Forks

Osteria Le Logge  Via del Porrione 3353100 SienaItaly


Two words:  Justin Timberlake.   We took a spontaneous day trip to Siena (2 hours by bus from Florence) and decided to grab lunch when we arrived.  It was almost 2pm so we were frantically googling lunch places that were still open and I had read about this place on some food blog that sounded good, so we made a mad sprint to the restaurant....and who the hell is in front of us also trying to get a table for lunch but JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE with his equally beautiful wife, Jessica Biel.  We (meaning Nat, Aarti and I) were completely fan girling out while Will and Kinney could have cared less. 

They originally were going to sit outside but I guess their bodyguard didn't feel too comfortable about it and  they were quickly ushered indoors.  We decided to still sit outside but I had to make a few "bathroom breaks" to see what we going on inside.  I've had several celebrity sightings in my life, but this was a pretty epic one and in such a random place. 

It was pretty hard to concentrate on our food but I'll try to do my best to remember.  Will and I split a pasta that was topped with pancetta and onions which was pretty tasty and then for my main course I got the beef cheek with mashed potato.  The cheek was nicely cooked and very soft and tender on the palate.  It was a little heavy for an afternoon meal but still a solid dish.  Nat and Kinney got a light pesto pasta topped with lobster, Aarti got a sweet pumpkin tortellini in a light broth and Will got the rabbit.   Everyone was mostly pleased with their food but again, we were super distracted by everything that was going on.  Eventually a paparazzi guy showed up and started taking pictures and a few of us ended up in the background and foreground of some shots.  We're famous!

The waiters were super nice and seemed like they didn't really know what was going on (I wasn't sure if it was an act or if they really didn't know who JT was).  It was a lovely overall experience and if it's good enough for JT and Jessica, how could it not be good enough for us?  A quick shout out about Siena as well - it's a lovely and beautiful town and definitely worth a visit if you're spending extra days in Florence.  Total bill: $258 for 5 people with tax and tip

No comments: