Monday, January 25, 2010

Bohdi Tree - Visited 1/21/10 - 3 Forks

Bohdi Tree 58 3rd Ave. (Btwn 10th & 11th St)
I'm not quite sure how I stumbled upon Bohdi Tree in the first place, but for some reason I really like it there. It's not fancy and it's located near NYU, which I generally am not a fan of. There is definitely a good contingent of students because of it's great value. It's like many of the other cheap good Thai places in New York, but it's decorated nicely and I'm strangely hooked on the Garlic Noodle there. If you get there early, they have a pre-fixe special of an appetizer and choice of noodle/curry for $12, which seems like a great deal...and it is, but if you ordered it separately, the noodles would be $9 and the appetizer would be $5, so you're only saving $2, but hey, I'll take the $2 in this recession. I got the steamed dumplings in peanut sauce, which were very peanut-y and hit the spot. The Garlic noodles are made with large flat noodles that are very saucy and moist. Strangely, they either weren't super garlic-y or else they were and I had no idea I smelled like garlic the whole night. The veggies were cooked right, the right amount of crunch to my string beans. Vid had the curry, which looked a bit oily, but she said it was pretty tasty. Only downside is that they don't take AmEx. I think it's one of those places that is a good, cheap place to catch up with friends near union square.

No comments: