Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pacificana - Visited 1/10/10 2.75 Forks

Pacificana 813 55th Street Brooklyn, NY 11230

I have always been a fan of Dim Sum but I usually go to Chinatown in the city since it's easier to get to. I had been to Pacificana for dinner once when a friend had a Red Egg party there about a year ago. My hairdresser had mentioned that she went there for dim sum and I had started seeing this place pop up in blogs recently, so I thought it was worth a try for dim sum. It's in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, which is easy to get to, but a PAIN for parking. Not only is there just not enough parking but it's just very congested. After circling around for a while, we finally found a spot on 7th ave and 60th street. When we got there, there were tons of asians milling around the front and I was afraid that the wait would take an hour. Luckily, we got seated after 15 mins. It's hard to get a ton of dim sum with only 2 people, so we did the best we could. We got shumai, which was pretty big in size but it could have been a bit warmer. 2 orders of the crystal shrimp crepes, some sticky rice wrapped in banana leaves, radish cake, and pork buns. There was a pretty big selection of food and it came very rapidly. I think all the dishes could have been warmer...except for the tea, which was 100 degrees. I can see how this place could be pretty intimidating for non-asians as they don't really speak english there and they are kind of pushy. But it worked out fine for me. What I loved even more was the total bill, $22! For good cheap eats, chinatown is definitely the way to go!

No comments: