Saturday, February 20, 2010

Beet Visited 2/18/10 3 Forks

Beet Thai 344 Seventh Avenue, Brooklyn NY


Beet is one of those typical cheap but good thai places, but I have a particular soft spot for this place. I feel like it's really good and what I particularly like is that the tofu in their pad thai and other noodle dishes is steamed and not fried, which makes it taste and feel much healthier.

VA and I split the crab avocado salad ($8), which was half an avocado split open filled with spicy crab meat and mayo. I was surprised that they used real blue crab meat and it was really quite good. The one disappointment was that the avocado was really hard and inedible. We also split the veggie spring rolls ($4), which was pretty standard. I ordered glass noodles with tofu ($7) and an x-rated french martini ($8). For a basic thai place they had a nice list of fancy martinis that were pretty good. VA got a lychee martini and my french martini had chambord in it. The glass noodles were really good and full for veggie and large chunks of steamed tofu. VA got the spicy broad noodle ($7) which was said was good but she did find some strange hard pieces in it.

The wait staff was very accommodating and when I ordered the noodles with no celery and VA ordered her dish with extra baby corn. It's definitely becoming one of my go-to thai restaurants in the 'hood.

No comments: