Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kambi Ramen House - Visited 3/5/10 - 2.5 Forks

Kambi Ramen House 351 E 14th St, New York, NY 10079


Dan and I were on our way to the Muse concert at the Garden and needed a fast place in between Williamsburg and the Garden. This place was right off the 1st Ave stop and I knew that the food would be quick and satisfy our craving.

I always seem to have a soft spot for japanese places where the workers yell at you in japanese when you enter and leave this place. This is one of those places. We ordered a bean sprout salad ($4.50), which was just a bowl of crispy bean sprouts flavored with sesame oil and something spicy, but I love bean sprout salad. But I usually like it with a lighter almost ginger dressing. I order the Kambi regular with thin noodles ($9.50) and Dan ordered the shiso ramen ($9.50) and we each got a Sapporo ($4.75 each). My ramen was a mix pork and chicken broth with a hard boiled egg and sliced of pork...pretty standard ramen fare. The ramen was hit the spot but with all ramen, I did feel like it was too salty. There are tons of ramen houses in New York and it's hard to really go wrong with ramen as a concept. While this isn't an amazing place, I can't really find anything wrong with it either. I would go again and perhaps try the special of a bowl of noodles and dunking it into a side dish of sauce.

No comments: