Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No. 7 Visited 3/13/10 - 3 Forks

No. 7 7 Greene Ave
(between Oxford St & Fulton St)


I had been wanting to go to No. 7 for a while and was excited to try it out for brunch. The first thing I notice was how beautiful I thought the restaurant was when I first entered. It's got this airy, bright, but yet pub-like design in the front. In the back is just a bunch of tables put too close together. They do have a pretty limited menu and many of items are pretty unique, not your usual brunch fare. I ordered the Plantain, Egg and Cheese sandwich and Dan got the Butternut grits and we split the sausage.

Now comes my biggest complaint. We waited FOREVER to get our food. I don't know exactly how long but it must have been at least 30 to maybe 40 minutes. At one point, I had to stop speaking to Dan b/c I was so hungry. But once the food came out, I really enjoyed my sandwich. I usually am against ordering breakfast sandwiches at a sit-down restaurant, but the couple next to me had gotten it and quite frankly there wasn't anything else I really wanted. But the sandwich was really good and b/c it had plantain, it was more filling than usual. Dan said he liked his grits but the side of broccoli was cold and sour tasting and there were practically no maitake mushrooms, which was disappointing. The sausage was spicy and oily but that's kind of what you want in a breakfast sausage, right? Plus there was a whole bowl full, so I definitely think we got our money's worth on that piece of the meal. Overall, I liked it and would go back only if I knew that I didn't have to wait that long.

No comments: