Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sakura - Visited 3/12/10 2 Forks

Sakura 346 Graham Ave(between Conselyea St & Metropolitan Ave)

I've been here before and was not impressed and after going back, I would say that I was still not impressed. Dan and I went there out of necessity b/c we wanted to go to a party in the city quickly and just went to the closest restaurant to his house. Our other first two choices were completely packed (not surprising at 9pm on a Friday) so we didn't really have a choice.

We ordered the spicy crab roll, spicy yellowtail roll, a special roll that had avocado on the outside, and a sashimi appetizer. Apparently, you get a free order of veggie gyoza when your order is over $25. They came out and were pretty bad. They were kind of dry on the outside and tasteless inside. The sashimi was ok, nothing special. Your basic salmon, tuna, and white fish combo. The rolls came out and they were fine, nothing special at all. The spicy crab was just fake crabmeat in a roll and the yellowtail was taken from a more fishy part of the fish, it didn't taste like the usual yellowtail rolls I get. The special Caterpillar roll was pretty decent although at this point I don't know if that was because it's just relative to the other 2 rolls.

overall, if I was in a pinch, I would go but if given the choice, 98% of the time I would prefer to go somewhere else.

No comments: