Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pho Grand Visited 6/20/10 3.75 Forks


One of my most favorite foods in the world is pho.  I will eat it any day, time or place.  So on one of the hottest days in NYC I had a craving for pho, which seemed pretty crazy.  I actually had another pho place in mind when Dan and I went to eat but this address was what stuck in my mind.  When we got there it actually was this place that I had been to with my mom a few years ago and I remembered she had read about it in Travel and Leisure. 

I will say that this is one of the cleaner places in Chinatown that I have been to.  And even though I generally am not a huge fan of ethnic restaurants not being run by people of the same ethnicity (this place was run by Chinese people), you can't really get away from it.  I got the large #9 pho ($5.95) which was round eye and brisket and Dan got the regular #6 ($4.95) which just came with round eye.  The bean sprouts and basil that came out were extremely fresh looking and tasting.  I knew that there were other things on the menu but I was on a mission and quite frankly, I didn't really have room to eat much more than a bowl of noodles.  The food came out quickly (but not as quickly as it does in other pho places) and I was very pleased by it.  The broth was flavorful with the right amount of onion and cilantro in it.  I would have liked a bit more noodle and for my meat to be a bit more raw, but I should have probably asked for that.  Total bill with 1 iced coffee was $14.  You really just can't beat that deal anywhere!

No comments: