Sunday, August 8, 2010

Enid's Visited 8/7/10 2.5 Forks

Enid's  560 Manhattan Ave, (between Driggs Ave & Nassau Ave), BrooklynNY 11222

Dan and I went to Enid's because it was close to the Williamsburg Farmers Market and because one of my friends had gone a year ago and said she liked it.

I will say that it is in a good location, right on the corner of a centrally located intersection.  The inside is pretty spacious and has an almost flea market kind of vibe with weird mis-matched furniture and wall hangings.

The had a list of specials that sounded pretty good: I ordered the Jersey Tomato Benedict ($11) with a side of grits and Dan got the cauliflower and cheddar hash ($11).  They also had some standard fare breakfast items on the regular menu.

The benedict was was fine tasting...the egg was poached well with the right amount of runny-ness.  But there wasn't anything spectacular about it.  The jersey tomato was just a large red beefsteak tomato...it would have been better as a regular benedict with ham or spinach.  I do which the benedict had a bit more something else. I can't put my finger on it but it just seemed not as hearty as other benedicts I've had.  The grits also were ok...when it said grits and cheddar I thought the cheese would be incorporated into the grits but instead they were just sprinkled on top like a garnish.  Dan's hash looked like chopped up potatoes, which I guess is what hash is but it just looked a bit like someone threw a bunch of stuff together without much thought.  He said he thought the potatoes should have been cut smaller.   The total bill was $27/pp.

No comments: