Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Best Fish Taco in Ensenada Visited 2/12/11 3.5 Forks

Best Fish Taco in Ensenada  1650 Hillhurst Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027

 This was my first meal in LA and for what I paid, it was pretty good.  The place is literally in the parking lot of a car wash, so it's very easily missed.  I didn't know what I was expecting but the menu literally has 2 things on a chalkboard: Fish Taco ($1.50) and Shrimp Taco ($2).  That's it.  At that price, you what's not to love? 


You can see the workers make the tacos right in front of you so you know it's fresh.  They take white fish and then dip it in batter and fry it.  The tacos come out plain in mini soft shells with no toppings.  They have a full service salsa and toppings bar to help you customize your taco.  There is a bowl of shredded cabbage and then about 5-6 different kinds of salsa : avocado, mango, pineapple, etc and they range in mild to really spicy.  There's also a sour cream pump for you to add to the taco.  


It's hard to go wrong with deep fried fish and your own salsa bar.  The only reason I don't give this place a higher rating is because I've had really great fish tacos elsewhere and I didn't have to make it myself. And it would be nice to have some other types of tacos for those who don't eat fish (although yes, I know, the place is called Best Fish Tacos).  But Vivi and I were able to get an entire lunch for $9 for both of us and I would totally go here again.

No comments: