Saturday, September 17, 2011

Waffle and Wolf Visited 9/17/2011 2.5 Forks

Waffle and Wolf 413 Graham Ave., (between Jackson St & Withers St), Brooklyn, NY 11211

 This might be one of those reviews where the rating might change if I tried a different dish.  I was excited to see that a new breakfast place had opened up down the street from my place, but it turns out it's really not a brunch place at all.  The place is pretty tiny and the concept of the food really lends itself to take out rather than a sit down restaurant.  


The menu is composed of sweet and savory waffle sandwiches.  Even though I like waffles, I've never loved them enough to order them at restaurants.  I like them more as a dish to share with other people because it's usually just too sweet for me as a main dish on its own.  So I decided to get a savory waffle: #12 - it came with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and bacon baked into it and then served with a avocado yogurt ($7.50).  It came out pretty quickly and it was piping hot.  Basically all the ingredients were served with a hot waffle folded as a cone - the waffle pretty much acted like a pita bread.  While the waffle was good and I really loved the avocado yogurt, having all that bread was a bit too much for me. I generally also like waffles that are a bit toasted and crispy on the outside but this was a bit soggy but it's probably because it was holding tomatoes and avocado yogurt inside of it.  


I'm willing to give this place another try since it's so close to my apartment and I had heard that they might be expanding to fried chicken and waffles so that could be interesting.  While there was nothing really wrong with my meal, I'm think I just might not like having a waffle as a sandwich.  Total bill with iced coffee: $9.50 (cash only)


Photo credit: Yelp

No comments: