Saturday, October 19, 2013

Landmarc 10/17/2013 3.5 Forks

Landmarc 179 W Broadway (between Worth St & Varick St), New YorkNY 10013



Now that I've finally settled into my new job, Eric, Borami and I went for our first official team lunch and it was my pick!  My original choice was Locanda Verde  because I love that place and haven't been a while.  But I figured we could try some place I hadn't been to so that I could blog about it and since I didn't have to pay for it.  I opted for Landmarc since I had heard good things about it but probably would not go to unless it was a work lunch.  The more well-known Landmarc is located in Time Warner Center but this one in Tribeca is a nice unassuming restaurant tucked away on West Broadway. 

When we walked in at noon, there was no one else in there which would normally give me pause for concern but it was nice to be away from all the crowded, loud lunch places by work.  We could actually have a conversation, hear each other and not worry about running into other work people.  The menu here is American fine dining, which ranged from steak salads, burgers, pastas, sandwiches and grilled salmon.  I opted for the braised lamb sandwich ($18) and ordered a side of fries ($7) and brussels sprouts with bacon ($7) for the table.  The lamb sandwich was served on a ciabatta bread with pickles and aioli on top of shreds of braised lamb. The lamb was nice and moist and although I normally don't like pickles, they added a nice tang to each bite.  But I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the bread.  It was too thick and bready, so by the time I got to the 2nd half of the sandwich I just ate the inside of the it (probably healthier for me anyways).  I took a few bites of the salad but I thought it was a bit overdressed, so instead I just focused all my time on the fries.  These fries were amazing.  Some of the best, thick cut, salty fries I've had in a while.  They were perfectly crisp and very addictive.  The brussels sprouts were nicely roasted and complemented with these really fatty pieces of lardon. Delicious but probably not the healthiest thing to have in the middle of the day.  Eric got the grilled chicken sandwich ($17) and Borami the croque madam ($16).  While I didn't try their food (because that would be weird for a work lunch), they both seemed to enjoy their dishes. 

The service here was attentive but not intrusive.  It was a great work lunch spot because it's quiet, away from the ruckus, but still serves great fine dining food.  Plus the prices are totally T&E friendly.  While it is a 15 minute walk from the Tower, on a nice day, it's totally worth the accidental exercise to try something that's not PJ Clarke, Harry's or North End Grill.  Total bill:  $85 

Photo Credit:  Yelp    

No comments: