Sunday, July 13, 2014

Yuva Visited 7/2/2014 3.5 Forks

Yuva 230 E 58th St., New YorkNY 10022



So I'll keep this review pretty short since it was a quick business lunch but I had to give a shout out.   I usually never eat in Midtown East and there's good reason for it.  It's just an awful part of the city that's mostly corporate offices and deli places.  It's kind of void of any real personality or character.  But nestled in between all of the buildings is a pretty decent Indian restaurant with a great Indian lunch buffet option.  I love myself a good Indian lunch buffet but it's hard to really indulge during the work week because it's so heavy and rich and time consuming. 

This one had a lot of great options from both the North and South Indian regions as well as a range of fan favorite dishes such as chicken tikka masala as well as some dish that were a bit more under the radar.   I tried a little bit of everything and it was all great - very flavorful, rich and spicy.  In true form, some of the dishes like the masala was a bit too heavy for lunch with its cream base but it was very tasty.   We also got a nice basked of naan, garlic naan and roti - all key to sop up all the yummy sauce sitting on the plate.  The place was chosen by my business colleague who was Indian and he seemed really excited about the food, so I have to think that if he found it acceptable then it is a pretty decent place.  We ended the meal with a nice round of gulab jamun - which is basically Indian donut holes soaking in a sweet syrup.  I was totally ready to crawl under my desk and take a long nap.  

I'm not sure how often I would find myself in this area for a meal, but if I were, I wouldn't mind coming back here for another lunch time escape.  Total bill:  $60 for 4 people with tax

Photo Credit:  Yelp


No comments: