Sunday, March 20, 2016

Bowl'd Acai Visited 3/14/2016 4.5 Forks

Bowl'd Acai  14 Mint PlazaSan FranciscoCA 94103



Oh my, this is the kind of stuff I LOVE about California.  It's so freaking hippie dippie but so awesome at the same time.  I totally stumbled upon this place by accident.  I was having breakfast at one of my other favorite places in SF, Blue Bottle, when I saw this acai food truck pull up into Mint Plaza.  I've had acai a few times in Brazil and while I didn't love it, I am still fascinated by it's super food status.  I quickly googled this truck and discovered that they also have a poke bowl option too! Perfect.  I made a beeline for this place during lunch time and was pleasantly happy to see that there were only a few people in line.  

The acai bowls all sounded great and looked delicious but I was here for one thing and one thing only, poke.  They only have 1 poke option which is brown rice with fresh cubes of tuna (marinated in what tasted like a soy/sesame oil/ginger mixture), macadamia nuts, scallions and black sesame.  You can also add hot sauce to it - I got it medium which was the right amount of heat for me.  The guy who ran the truck was super friendly and nice and he reminded me why CA can be so great sometimes.  He was just really happy and positive to all the customers who came to the truck.  I didn't wait too long for my food and when I got it, it was a beautiful sight - lots of fresh fish piled high on a bed of brown rice.  It just reeks of healthiness and it was delicious to boot.  It's such a simple and easy dish and a great nutritious lunch time option.  I was super tempted to come back the next day and get an acai bowl for breakfast but there were so many other places to try in SF that I didn't come back but I would most definitely come back here in a heart beat and if they ever need a NYC extension, I'm totally here to help!  My only complaint about it was that there isn't a whole lot of seating in the plaza and the outdoor seating that did have tables were for customers of those cafes and restaurants, so if you wan to sit, they have a few chairs but you might be better off taking it to go and sitting somewhere else. Total bill:  $15 with tax and tip

No comments: