Monday, March 21, 2016

Sushiritto Visited 3/15/2016 3 Forks

Sushiritto  388 Market St., Ste 107San FranciscoCA 94111



I stumbled upon Sushiritto totally by accident.  I was walking around downtown SF on my way to another poke stand when I noticed a long line of people on Market Street.  Now I am a total sucker for long lines and peered around the line to see what everyone was waiting for and the sign said Sushiritto.  I had vague recollections of reading about this place and I thought to myself "Why Not?" - I'm only in SF for a limited amount of time and I had already had delicious poke the day before at Bowl'd Acai, so why not try something unexpected.  I had gathered from the name of the place that it was a sushi + burrito.  Honestly, it did sound kind of gross but a long line 10 people deep couldn't be wrong right? 

The menu is actually mostly cooked fish burritos with the exception of the Satori and the Geisha's Kiss.  All the other burritos had either cooked fish, tempura or some other kind of warm food in it, so it's actually not all a combination of sushi and burrito. I had wanted to try the Santori because it was yellowtail focused but by the time I got up to the counter around 12:30, they were already sold out of it!  Bummer.  So I opted for the Geisha's Kiss which was made with raw tuna, tamago (Japanese omelette), piquillo peppers, lotus chips, cucumber, lettuce, ginger guac, yuzu tobkiko and sesame white soya all wrapped in rice and seaweed.  

At first glance, I was relieved that it wasn't full of rice.  I was afraid that it would be super rice heavy with not much else.  But I was bummed that it wasn't also big on the tuna but instead full of the other ingredients.  It was definitely not as weird of a dish as it sounded - in fact, it tasted exactly like what you would think - a giant tuna hand roll.  The seaweed needed a bit of re-enforcement since as soon as I took a bite of it, it completely fell apart in my hands.  I will say that it was a pretty filling meal and was probably not all that terrible for you since it was light on the white rice.  It was definitely a fun SF novelty (although I heard there is a place in NYC that has it now too) which I'm glad to cross off my list but I'm not sure if it's something I really need to do again.  Total bill:  $15 with tax and drink 

No comments: