Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Amada Visited 4/24/2017 3.5 Forks

Amada  
250 Vesey St., 
New York, NY 10281








So this is going to be one of the worst reviews I've written - not that this place is bad but because I really can't remember too much from my meal because it was over 3 weeks ago at this point!  Eeesh, sorry about that.   Despite the fact that Amada has been open in my work building for at least a year now, I still hadn't managed to go because, let's be honest, as soon as work is over, I want to haul my ass out of there. 





But Amy, Anuja and I had just watched The Trip to Spain at the Tribeca Film Festival across the street (which by the way, the movie theater is AMAZING - super plush and fancy pants), so it only seemed appropriate that we have dinner at Amada which is a Spanish tapas restaurant.  We walked in around 8:30pm on a Monday and it was fairly empty but regardless it is a lovely and large space - which is such a nice change from when there was absolutely nothing in the area for so long. 





The menu was long and made up for traditional tapas dishes.  I had to take a phone call so by the time I got back to the table, Anuja and Amy had ordered for the table.  From what I can remember we got a cheese plate ($22), garlic shrimp ($14), crab-stuffed peppers ($12), soft scrambled eggs with uni ($16), cauliflower side  ($10), and the artichoke side ($12).  Everything was good but not mind blowing and some dishes were definitely better than others.  Also at those prices for small plates, I would expect those dishes to be amazing.  On the bright side, the waitstaff was super sweet and even brought out complimentary philly cheesesteak sliders (I had the "unenviable" job of eating all of them since neither Amy or Anuja could eat them) and those were pretty delicious.  They also mistakenly brought out an extra sangria which we got to keep it for free which was nice of them.  





I left feeling full but also feeling like my meal wasn't super memorable - that being said, I would come back here for a quick after work bite or if I went to the movies across the street again.  It's nice that it's an option with a generous waitstaff but it certainly is not a destination restaurant.  Total bill:  $49/pp with tax and tip





Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: