Monday, May 29, 2017

Pokebab Visited 4/28/2017 4 Forks

Pokebab  209 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11211



Ah - yes, another poke place but this time it's in Williamsburg which is great news for me!  Despite the plethora of poke places popping up in the city, I had yet to see one in Brooklyn, so the fact that this place opened up on Bedford Ave. was a site for sore eyes for me.   This place is pretty much on par with all the other Chipotle style/make your own poke places - you pick a base (white or brown rice), pick how much protein you want (choice of 2 or 3) and then pick a bunch of mix-ins, toppings and sauce.   That really seems to be the formula for all of the poke places here and I guess if it's not broke, don't fix it. 

You can also pick form a variety of pre-designed bowls too.  Unlike Raw Mkt or Sweet Catch, the fish here isn't pre-marinated, so it's really is your typical non-Hawaii poke place that has basic fresh but not authentic poke. 

It was a solid lunch spot for me and at $10 for the 2 protein size, it was a perfect lunch choice.  I liked that they had a fairly large (if not, random options like mushroom and mango) selection of mix-ins and toppings.  Like most poke places, I wouldn't call this destination dining by any stretch but it is definitely a very welcome addition to the 'hood especially on crappy rainy days when I want some poke but don't feel like trekking in to the city for it.  And for my friend Neel, no this place does not measure up to the poke at Blue Ribbon in WFC in terms of authenticity and tastiness, but very few places in the city really do and at $5 cheaper, I'm fine with it.  Total bill:  $10.83 with tax for a small

Photo Credit:  Yelp

1 comment:

neel master said...

Yooooooo! Just saw this shout-out. I can't believe I have earned this place in the FWE poke discourse!