Friday, May 4, 2018

Sushi D Visited 4/3/2018 3 Forks

Sushi D  207 Dekalb Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11205


I'll keep this review pretty short and sweet since Sushi D is your classic neighborhood mom and pop sushi joint.  There's no flash, no fuss and definitely nothing special about it but it's a nice quiet place to catch up with friends and have basic sushi.  It's not a destination place and there weren't a lot of people when Vinita and I were there but if I lived in the 'hood, I could see myself ordering take out here or stopping by for a lunch special.  

The one thing that was kind of odd that Vinita and I noticed was that there were very few rolls that had salmon in it.  They had your basic salmon avocado or salmon cucumber roll but most of the fancy rolls had lot of tempura action in it which I am not a huge fan of.  They also are the type of place that has rolls with mango or asparagus in it, which I'm also not a fan of.  We stuck to a few basic rolls as well as a soft shell crab appetizer and eggplant appetizer. One of the rolls came with this honey wasabi sauce which we asked for on the side since we were both very weary of it. 

As expected, everything was totally fine but not mind blowing.  The honey wasabi sauce was actually not bad tasting but I'm just not sure I would want it on my sushi as it tastes exactly how it sounds - sweet with a bit of kick to it.   It would have been nice if they had more rolls that had fresh fish in it instead of it being deep fried, which kind of leads me to wonder if there is general quality issue but I felt fine afterwards!  If you live in Clinton Hill and want to order in sushi on a rainy day, this is a totally your place or if you're looking for any traditional, fancy or heavy salmon focused, there are probably a ton of other sushi joints in BK to choose from.  Total bill:  $58/pp with tax, tip and sake

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: