Sunday, February 17, 2019

72 Hours in Orlando Visited 9/10-9/13 3.5 Forks

Ocean Prime  7339 W Sand Lake Rd., Orlando, FL 32819


I'll keep this short and sweet because it's Orlando and let's be honest, there's not that much to write about here.  In fact, I'm not even going to review the other places I went to for dinner during the trip because that's how unmemorable they were and not worth my time.  Plus they were group dinners, so those are usually not indicative of the general experience. 

I had just gotten off the plane from Italy and turned around and headed straight to Orlando to meet my team for our annual America's meeting.  We were staying near Universal Studios and as I've mentioned before, most of the places in the city are big chains catered to tourists. 

Ocean Prime is also a big chain but it's slightly more upscale than a Margaritaville or TGI Fridays.  It's a steak and seafood house so they have a pretty decent line up of food options - steaks, sushi, crab cakes, etc.  I wasn't super hungry so I got the Cobb Salad ($22) while the rest of my team indulged in a 3 course meal for only $35, not bad and under budget!  The cobb salad was fine but it was mostly iceberg lettuce and the bacon was overly sweet but it had a decent line up of shellfish and other seafood.  I didn't try my team's 3 course meals but it included a steak which they all seemed to enjoy and the dessert was a huge hunk of chocolate cake.  

Overall, it was actually a slightly above average meal that you would expect from a larger chain restaurant.  I would gladly come here again vs. going to a Hooters any day of the week.  If you're tight for budget, the 3 course meal is definitely the way to go!  

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: