Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tokyo Bay Sushi - Visited 2/1/10 3 Forks

Tokyo Bay 183 Duane St (at Greenwich St)

This place is small and fairly boring looking, but I thought the food was pretty good. We went right after work, so that place was pretty empty. They didn't have a spicy roll combo so instead I had a spicy scallop roll, spicy tuna and spicy salmon (all around $5.50-$6). I liked that there was very little rice on the outside, which allowed for more of the fish to come through. There are usually 2 types of spicy rolls: 1 where they use large chunks of fish with spicy mayo/sauce and another where the fish is chopped up, almost like tar-tar style. I prefer the rolls the first way and that's how they were here. While they were pretty good, and actually pretty filling, considering how little rice there was, I did think $6 for a basic spicy roll was a bit much, especially considering the neighborhood. I think they would do well with having a spicy roll combo. All in all, I would go again if I was in the mood for sushi by work.

No comments: