Monday, February 1, 2010

Wombat - Visited 1/30/10 - 3 Forks

Wombat 613 Grand Street, Brooklyn, NY


Dan was craving some sort of meat/burger product and we had originally decided to go to Pop's until we heard that it was more of a late night, burger stand place. So we decided to check out the Wombat, which is on the part of Grand street that is still a bit "sketchy" but definitely up-and-coming. It's an Australian bar with a small restaurant in the back. Dan went with the Australian Burger ($8.50 + $2.00 for the fried egg), which was a lamb burger with beets. I had the turkey burger with cheese ($8.50 + $2.00 cheese). I gotta say, it was pretty tasty. They did not just pull out some frozen turkey burger patty and throw it on the grill. You can tel that it was formed from ground turkey with some seasonings in the meat. It was pretty big and very filling, but of course I ate the whole thing. The fries were delicious and crispy but a bit too salty, which I think they meant to do. The turkey burger came with a pretty good wasabi mayo that I dipped my fries in. They had a nice line-up of micro-brews, I got the Six Point Black Wheat ($6). My only complaint was that my hands and clothes kind of smelled of the food afterwards, which was kind of annoying.

No comments: