Monday, March 1, 2010

Rhom Thai - Visited 2/27/10 - 3 Forks

Rhom Thai 27 E 20th St,(Btwn Broadway & Park Ave S)
Whenever anyone wants to eat in Union Square, I always have a hard time coming up with an idea. There are a lot of standard places that I like but nothing that ever really stands out.

Rohm thai is another one of those good "standard" restaurant. The food is good and I would definitely go if someone wanted to do Thai in the area, but I would never crave it. It's located in the bottom of building and it's actually quite cozy in the inside. The menu has your basic line-up of thai food, but it's a comprehensive list. I've been to thai places that has your standard pad thai and curries, but this place has a bit more than that. I had the curry puffs ($6) and the sesame noodle ($9) with veggie and tofu while Vid had a thai salad ($5) and masaman curry with veggie and tofu ($9). The 6 puffs were decent, just a bit overcooked. Vid's salad actually looked pretty good. It was pretty large and just looked fresh and healthy. The sesame noodle is basically a broad noodle with sesame sauce and baby corn, fried tofu, bok choy and green beans. The veggies all seemed very fresh and crispy. The food came our very quickly which seems standard in a thai place. Vid had no complaints about the curry so I would assume it was pretty good. For some reason, I liked Bohdi Thai better, although in reality, I can't really pinpoint what the main difference is in taste or quality.

No comments: