Sunday, May 2, 2010

Flipster's Visited 4/25/10 2.5 Forks

Flipster's 444 9th St
(between 6th Ave & 7th Ave), Brooklyn, NY 11215


We were in the mood for burgers and Flipster's is the closest burger place to my apt. I've been there before and found it to be fine, so I was willing to give it another go.

I feel like the place is cursed as it has undergone several management changes. The place is laid out like a basic bar/restaurant, so it's pretty casual and laid back. As you can imagine, the main item on the menu is burgers...several varieties: regular, organic, bison, turkey, veggie, etc. The prices seem fine at first glance (~$8/burger for a regular burger) but then you realize that everything else is $1 extra, such as cheese, mushrooms, bacon, etc, so you're basic $8 burger becomes a $10 burger and it DOESN'T come with fries (which highly irritates me). Fries cost about $3-5 extra, which to me is a crime b/c who would get a burger without fries. We ordered 1 side of waffle fries ($5) to split and then 2 beers ($6) each.

I'll admit the burger was tasty and pretty decent as burgers. I got a cheeseburger with mushrooms (which was cold, so I think they just dumped it on the burger at the end instead of sautee'ing them) and Dan got the special burger, which was the chipotle burger, which was spicy and delivered as described. The waffle fries were good, but how can you really go wrong with waffle fries. But the fact that our bill was $40 and all we got were beers and burgers, that seemed a bit overpriced. I think I would suck it up and walk to Bonnie's on 5th next time.

No comments: