Sunday, June 20, 2010

Edwards Visited 6/17/10 2.5 Forks

Edwards  136 W Broadway, (between Duane St & Thomas St)

My team at work took me out to Edwards for my last day at work.  I had originally wanted to go to Locanda Verde for lunch but instead my analyst made us a reservation at Edwards, which was fine since it was close enough to work and had outdoor seating.

The food there is basic American and the lunch menu had your traditional salad, sandwich, and soup type of foods on the menu.  They had a "Maryland" crab cake sandwich ($14) on the menu and as a Maryland-er I felt compelled to try it.  The sandwich came out and the crab cake was really tall and I had to smash it in between the english muffins to the point where the cake fell apart.  I guess I am a snob when it comes to anything that's called "Maryland" crab cake b/c I think crab cake should be comprised of mainly crab and with very little filler.  This one was ok, it didn't have a lot of big pieces of crab but it didn't taste like tons of filler either...just overall not 100% impressive.

The environment and location of this restaurant is what I would give high marks on and I think for a quick work lunch it's fine, but I would not go here on my own.

No comments: