Friday, July 23, 2010

Goods Food Truck Visted 7/23/10 3 Forks

Goods Food Truck  Corner of Metropolitan and Lorimer, Brooklyn, NY

What used to be in this space was an abandoned space with over grown weeds.  It's a great location and I'm really glad that someone was able to take it over and do something great with it.

Apparently this food truck used to be a hit at the 3rd Ward in Bushwick and I can see why.  I actually really love the look of this airstream trailer where you can order at the counter to go.  Also, they took the back and put in simple wood benches and covering and have an actual waitstaff.

The overall menu is pretty simple with a few burgers, a fried green tomato sandwich, fish and chips and some breakfast sandwiches and a fried chicken box during brunch.  They also have daily specials on a chalk board.  Dan and I went on a very rainy Friday night and surprisingly stayed mostly dry in the back garden area.  Our waiter was a really nice, happy go lucky guy considering the shitty weather outside.  We ordered the special yellow beefsteak tomatoes with mozzarella ($5.75), I got a cheeseburger ($7.75), a side order of curly fries ($3.25), and Dan got a Goods burger ($8.75), which I think had onions in addition to cheese.  The food gets served in a pretty basic and low budget serving tray with plastic forks and knives, but I think it's actually ok given the overall low key feel of the place.  The tomato special had a good helping of both tomato and mozz and it came with some sort of chutney topping.  It was pretty good but I think it could have used some more salt or seasoning and maybe some basil on top of it.

The burgers come out wrapped in paper and they were actually really quite excellent.  The bun was super soft  (I think it was a potato bun) and the meat was juicy and tasted like it was fresh and not frozen.  It was seasoned very well and definitely just as good as any of the more expensive burgers in town.  The one disappointing aspect of the meal were the fries.  I generally love curly fries but these were pretty dry and overcooked, which made me really sad.  The breakfast/brunch menu seemed very limiting but I would definitely consider getting a biscuit sandwich to go one day.  The total bill with food, drink, tax and tip was $32.

No comments: