Sunday, December 12, 2010

BAD (Breakfast All Day) Visited 12/12/10 1.5 Forks

BAD 131 Grand St, (between Berry St & Rodney St),Williamsburg, NY 11211

When a restaurant's initials are B.A.D, you should probably take that as a sign that the food is bad.  This place was actually beyond bad.  The menu wasn't as extensive as one would think when you're full restaurant name is breakfast all day and they gave us as a xerox copy, not even a real menu.  I ordered the Eggs Firenze ($9), which sounded like it was supposed to be a spinach benedict dish.  The description said that it was 2 poached eggs on an english muffin with spinach and hollandaise sauce and it came with a side of homefries, grits or regular fries and toast.  I had asked for homefries and wheat toast. Dan got the breakfast burrito ($8.50) and a cup of coffee.  Let's just say that the coffee was the best part of the meal.  First, we waited forever for our food despite being practically the only people in the place.  When I got my food I could tell immediately that it would not be good.  At first glance the eggs definitely didn't look poached and when I cut into them, they were essentially hard boiled.  There was about 1/2 a teaspoon of hollandaise sauce and instead of it being on an english muffin, they just put the 2 eggs on the wheat toast that was pretty much burned.  The side of homefries was very small and it was mostly peppers and onions.  Dan's burrito didn't even come wrapped.  They put all the ingredients on a giant tortilla wrap and left it open.  Needless to say, Dan had a tough time eating it as a burrito.  Luckily his dish was so big that I ate 1/4 of it because I could barely finish my food.  When it came time to get the check that also took a long time.  The only good thing out of this meal was that the total bill came to $20, which I think is still too much.

No comments: