Saturday, December 18, 2010

Centrico Visited 12/16/10 3 Forks

Centrico  211 W Broadway, New York, NY 10013

 I had been to Centrico before for a friend's birthday a few years ago and I remember it being ok and expensive.  I should have kept that in mind when I went again.  My co-workers and I had a holiday party next door at Vino Vino (which was super cute) but we didn't really have dinner, so a bunch of us decided to go next door to Centrico.  It's claim to fame is that the chef is Aaron Sanchez, who is on a bunch of Food Network shows.  The theme of the restaurant is high-end fancy Latin Food.  I kind of put Mexican/Latin food in the same category of Asian food where I actually usually like it in more cheap-ish/dirty/hole-in-the-wall places.  


I ordered the Mahi Mahi special with cilantro lime sauce since it sounded mildly "healthy".  Everyone else got the steak, which I did really want to, but since I was pretty much diagnosed with high cholesterol, I steered clear of it.  When my fish came out, it was a bit lackluster in presentation.   The fish was a bit on the small cut end and the cilantro lime sauce came in a dish that had about half an onion cut up in it.  Then it had a side of arugula, which didn't have enough dressing or anything else to it.  The fish itself tasted fine, if not a bit over cooked.  Usually when I order fish I expect a thick cut with lots of meat, but this one was flat and slightly overcooked.  Luckily, my director had ordered a side of beans and rice and it was really good, so I would just combine the fish and rice and beans together to make it a more hearty meal.  The steak that everyone ordered did look really good and there was a LOT of it.  Of course you now have to take this entire post with a grain of salt as it was after 4 glasses of wine, so it may have clouded my judgment a bit.  Total bill was $45/person without tip.   

No comments: