Thursday, December 30, 2010

Burger Joint Visited 12/26/10 3 Forks

Burger Joint  4827 Fairmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814

 When Jeana had told me she wanted to meet up the Burger Joint, I immediately thought of the Burger Joint in New York that's in the Parker Meridien Hotel which is amazing.  But this place is not a part of the one in New York and is its own chain in the VA/DC/MD area.  In any case, Jeana had raved about the burgers so I was pretty excited about it.  It's more of a fast food joint rather than a restaurant.  You order at the counter and wait for your little buzzer thing to light up and you seat yourself in booths.  My first reaction was that except for the regular burger, the other "specialty" burgers were a lot pricier than they should be.  I ended up getting a turkey burger with cheese and it was $11 and an order of fries were almost $3.  So I was a bit shocked that I paid $15 for what was essentially a fancier fast food burger, but I was willing to have an open mind about it.  I wasn't wow'd by it but it wasn't a terrible burger either. The turkey burger did taste like it was home-made and it was a very hefty burger, but it reminded me of veggie burger because it had a sort of a crumbly texture that veggie burgers have.  One of my pet peeves is a burger bun that can't hold a burger and this one held up for a while but then slowly fell apart after I was half way through, but that could have been due to the pile of mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions, and pickles on it, making the bread pretty damp.  The fries were thick cut and pretty good, but I could barely eat them after finishing the burger.  Jeana got the rootbeer float which essentially came with a cup full of ice cream and then they give you a bottle of A&W rootbeer and she was raving about it.  If I am there again, I will try the standard burger and save myself some $$. 

No comments: