Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pork Store Cafe Visited 5/31/2015 4.5 Forks

Pork Store Cafe 1451 Haight St., San FranciscoCA 94117



With a name like the Pork Store Cafe, how could this place not be the bomb?!  It's your classic greasy spoon diner with every imaginable kind of breakfast egg dish you can think of.  Jenn, April and I went on our last day in SF and for a random Monday morning, it was surprisingly crowded.  It's in the Haight Ashbury area so the crowd was a bit on the hippie dippie side.  

As you can imagine, the menu was super overwhelming.  So many choices between benedicts, omelets, pancakes, burgers, sandwiches, scrambles - the possibilities are endless if you are a breakfast fan.  And this being California, I loved that many options had avocado in it.  After much hemming and hawing I opted for Soutwest scramble with avocado and biscuits ($9.50).  The dish is a beast and when it came out, I said that there was no way I could finish it - famous last words although I restrain myself and didn't finish everything.  I'm going to be honest and say that I can't really remember everything that was in my eggs except that it was super delicious, perfectly scrambled eggs and they put practically an entire avocado on top of it.  Oh and there was a side of sour cream somewhere on the plate, so how could it have not been amazing?  The hash browns were also salty, fatty, crispy goodness.  I couldn't help but want to combine the hash, eggs and avocado all into one bite all the time.   Sadly, I had to draw the fat line somewhere and didn't get to try the biscuit although I'm sure that it was also delicious.  

Luckily for us, we ended up walking almost 3 miles that afternoon because otherwise, I probably would have had a coronary on the spot.  This food is most definitely not your health conscious California food.  It's also not anything fancy - just your good old greasy diner breakfast food, but sometimes that's really all you need to make you happy in life.  Plus the prices were very affordable here, but it should be given the type of food it is.  Total bill:  $37 for 3 people with tax and tip

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: