Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sakura 6 Visited 10/9/2015 2 Forks

Sakura 6  837 Manhattan Ave., BrooklynNY 11222



I'll keep this review short and sweet since there isn't a ton I really want to say about this place. Since I work from home on Fridays, I usually like to indulge in a lunch special around town.  For sushi, I usually trek into Greenpoint because the options around my place in Williamsburg are practically non-existent.  But on this particular Friday, I was actually on my way to Xian Famous Food for some noodles but I had to go to the ATM further up in Greenpoint and across the street was Sakura 6. 

I'm always a huge sucker for a sushi lunch special and the place was fairly crowded, so I thought I would try it out.  The place has the usual lunch special items: roll specials and bento boxes.  I opted to get the 3 rolls for $11.95 - comes with soup or salad.  The salad was your typical iceberg lettuce, cucumber, and shredded carrots - the dressing here was more of a creamy base vs. the usual ginger carrot one that I love.  For my 3 rolls, I ordered eel avocado, spicy crunchy tuna and spicy crunchy salmon - very basic and standard rolls.  The order came out quickly and they looked like they had been rushed and sadly put together.  The spicy tuna and spicy salmon was the pre-made mixture kind, which I'm not a huge fan of.  It just didn't taste like real fish (or anything) at all and there was too much crunch/tempura that the whole roll tasted dry and blah.  The eel and avocado roll had way too much eel sauce on top that over sweetened it.  I was just totally unimpressed and had way better rolls at Mizu on Bedford and at Sapporo down the street in Greenpoint. 

This was a total impulse stop and I can safely say that it's far enough that I won't be back.  I totally should have stayed on course and had my spicy noodles at Xian - oh well, there's always next Friday. Total bill:  $15 with tax and tip

Photo Credit:  Yelp  

No comments: