Sunday, September 25, 2016

Harbor Bistro Visited 9/16/2016 4 Forks

Harbor Bistro  313 Three Mile Harborhog Creek Rd., East HamptonNY 11937



Ahh, the Hamptons.  The playground for the rich and famous.  I am blessed enough to have great friends who invite me over to their wonderful place every once in a while and honestly, we do nothing but chill and go out to eat.  The one nice thing about going out to eat in this area is that you can find a lot of places by the water, so you can get lovely views that you would never find in the city. 

I actually think the best time to visit is after Labor Day when all the crazy house sharing/summer people have left the area and it's down to mostly locals and other people who own out there.  The weather is still nice and the crowds are considerably thinner.  VA, Julie and I had originally wanted to go to Bostwick's but the wait was 45 minutes and it was almost 8pm already.  So we headed over to Harbor Bistro where they seated us right away despite there being a rehearsal dinner in the back.  The menu here is traditional Hampton's style food - a large focus on seafood.  There were tons of great sounding options from tuna poke, oysters, shrimp pasta, swordfish and several tasty meat dishes too.  I opted for the salmon belly starter and the shrimp salad (I asked for the dressing on the side).  The salmon belly was similar to a tartare style dish with raw salmon served lightly marinated piled in a heap - delicious and I was surprised that it was actually a pretty decent sized dish for a starter.  We also shared the fried calamari for the table which tasted much more refined than your traditional bar type calamari.  It was lightly breaded and served with cold noodles, avocado, cucumber and a firecracker sauce.  It didn't taste greasy or too heavy which often happens with calamari.  

For my main, I got the shrimp salad which was excellent as well.  The only downside was that they didn't give me the dressing on the side.  Let's be honest, in reality I probably would have poured the entire thing on my salad anyways.  It was an excellent ginger sesame type dressing, so I definitely would have.  It was a nice ratio of shrimp to lettuce and other chopped vegetables and combined with my salmon belly, it was a really solid seafood outing.  Of course I had to be greedy and throw in an order of truffle fries which were probably the least impressive dish of the night and totally not needed.  It could have been a bit crispier and there was too much truffle and parm on it to make it super enjoyable.  But it definitely didn't damper the overall experience.  Total bill:  $72/pp with tax and tip

Photo Credit:  Yelp

No comments: